Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Wish I Were a Clean Freak

I guess we are going through this house,
cleaning and organizing.
Just a little bit a day,
as we don't get crabby.
I like a clean house,
but some tasks annoy me.
Obviously,
I keep terrible garage cans.
And,
I have confessed to the dust bunnies under my dresser.
Although,
I routinely vacuum under the furniture.
When you don't have carpet for the stuff to seep into,
you get some pretty good sized dust bunnies.
I am NOT a fan of carpet.
OMG, there is this super sweet lady in my bunco group. . . . ..
She has the CLEANEST house.
I walked into her house for bunco.
I was on the WHITE carpet.
The very clean always have white carpet.
I noticed shoes on the tile.
"Oh, are we not supposed to wear shoes in your house?"
A footnote,
people in Arizona don't take off their shoes when the enter people's house.
I know they do in the midwest,
but it is not really done here.
I forget to take off my shoes in the midwest.
She said, "oh no, it's fine".
Here is the funny part, HER back stiffened.
Her daughter,
also in the bunco group, nodded her head YES,
TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES.
So,
I did.
I kept running my feet over her spotless carpet.
Then, I saw the man of the house go out to the patio.
He stopped took his shoes off and put on his outside shoes.
They have inside shoes and outside shoes!
The have rules for this white carpet,
which would not last a minute at our house.
OHHHH,
the carpet felt really good.
It was so clean.
You know,
how clean sheets feel when you slide into bed.
I can really appreciate clean.