Thursday, July 16, 2009

Screening the Calls

The mom, obviously in desperate need to entertain her child, asked to speak to me.

"Blonde Girl can come over again to spend the night if you will let her," she said.

I told her, "No, she is really pretty tired. She didn't get home until late afternoon yesterday (from her house I might add). Today we met friends for lunch and swimming, she swam all day. I think we will have to do it later on." I said.

"Well, she can spend the night tomorrow or play during the day on Friday"

"We will see."

Miss Brunette just looked at me. She is living in peace with her cell phone turned off.
Blonde Girl didn't put up much fuss. I told Love Man, "See, I told you she was tired."

Normally we are in Iowa, this is my first experience with the desperate housewives.