Friday, July 17, 2009

The Middle of July

We have somehow managed to avoid more play dates. We ran errands yesterday and went to the grocery store. The girls love "Fresh and Easy" as they can ring up the groceries. Fun times in the city.

It is the middle of July. That is hard for me to believe. Sadly, we start school August 10. I think I start August 17, who knows. I am avoiding that date. I used to dread my birthday, because it always meant the start of school. I guess I haven't changed.

We have cooked chicken on a beer can all summer long. It is great. It is a "my mother" recipe.
You will have to ask her for it.

Hand rub Monterey chicken seasoning or Monterey country chicken seasoning all over the chicken after you wash it out. The pie tie holds your can of beer (use about 1/2). Put the chicken on top of the beer can. The can is held in the pie tin.

The beer can cooker that is basically two wires on a metal pie tin. Naturally this high tech device is available in the garden center of Wal-Mart. What other store would have a beer can chicken cooker?

Put it on the grill for 1 - 1 1/4 hours and you will end up with a fabulous chicken.