Friday, July 10, 2009

Last Night

Last night for dinner, we had lobster. It was on sale at The Sunflower, my favorite grocery store, for three-something a tail. It is normally twelve-something or more.

It didn't go over very well. Blonde Girl was invited over the Little Pink Haired Girl's house for a sleep-over. They had been over swimming earlier in the day. She immediately said, "I don't want to miss the stuff peppers, can we have them tomorrow?" She had been at The Sunflower with me and we bought peppers. The girls LOVE stuffed peppers. They have eaten them their entire life, which shows you that you need to expose children to food again and again.

Anyway, I decided to make lobster. In this recreation, here is how it went with Miss Brunette.

MB: "Oh my God, we are not having that for dinner."
ME: "It is great, how could you say that. You need to try it."
LM: "You have to try it."

Repeat 25 times, improvise if you will.

So, we have lobster, melted butter, green beans, baked potatoes and salad. Miss Brunette
takes a bit, chews it and says "I don't like it, do I have to swallow it". Now, she thinks all food
she doesn't want to try tastes like poison. She was ridiculous about it. We have seafood forks (my mother). She was intruged by these unique accessory.

ME: "Finish that bite"
LM: "It is great!"
MB: "I am so hungry."
ME: "Eat your potato and green beans."
MB: "We have potatoes too much."
ME: "We had one last week while camping."
MB: "Well, that is two times. I wanted stuffed peppers."


So, that is how Love Man and I got to eat two lobster tails a piece.