Saturday, April 11, 2009

Roses



My roses are starting to bloom. Love Man cuts the bushes in half in January. That gives us roses the size of our fists by April. On Thursday, I cut some dark red for the house. On Friday,
I decided I need some in a bowl. Two hours later, I cut white ones for the dining room and
tropicana pink for the kitchen table. I still have many roses left. I think I may have 15 bushes.
Five are new and just starting to grow. I will count the bushes later today!


It is raining. It rained most of the night. I told BG to stay in bed as there would be no soccer. "Did you call the number?" she asked. "No, it rained all night, rained this morning and there
was lightning. There is NO soccer today," I said. "I hope you are sure," she doubted. "Go back to sleep," and she did. Miss B is at a sleep-over that required us bringing her bicycle. We enlisted the help of our neighbor, John who answered the door with "what are you doing now?"


I should have brought in the variegated red and orange/yellow roses. They are probably very wet and bruised by the wind. My Mother-in-law always asks me what kind of roses I have.
I don't know, ones that grow. I know some are Tropicana, Christian Dior, Mr. Lincoln,
and the rest who knows. They are mostly dark red, pinks, but we have some white,
orange/yellow ones, and a red/white one that is very beautiful. It is almost too pretty to cut.
Neighbor John's wife cuts some for her house too. She usually doesn't tell me. I don't care, I told her along time ago to help herself. She waters them for me, when she thinks I need to or have forgotten. Or, am not watering them enough.

Coach Steve just called, "NO SOCCER". So there Blonde Girl!