Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Overdue

I like to read. I borrow books from my friends, bunco girls and the library. I also buy books.
I am in trouble with the Phx Public Library.

Apparently one of the books I returned had "severe liquid damage" and I was being charged $29.95 for the problem. I went in to inspect the damage and attempt to get more books.

The book is totally warped from, I am guessing, water. I don't remember returning it wet. But,
okay, as Love Man would say, I checked the book out and was responsible for it until it
was returned.

So, I copped a plea and am purchasing the book on Amazon rather than from the library
and bringing them a new copy (less expensive). I am not sure if will be able to keep the one with "severe liquid damage". Actually, the book was not that good.

I am not sure it was me. But, I do take a water bottle with me places. I don't have the
aluminum one like the girls and Love Man have (can not find it in pink, my family color)
and my plastic water bottle could have leaked. The other books weren't damaged, only
this one.

Ironically, the lady let me have two more books as a "one time courtesy" until I bring
in the replacement book. I have been getting books from this library for 20 years and have never had a problem.

Don't ever read "Miss Julia Paints the Town" by Ann Ross. Her first book "Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind" is okay, but the rest are lame, in my humble opinion.