Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gone But Not Out

I have been sick all week.
I went to the doctor and am on an antibiotic.
But, I have been mostly in bed for a week.
I even missed two days of school!!!!!
Yesterday I picked Blonde Girl up at basketball practice and drove her to my friend's house who said she would get her to soccer with her daughter and bring her home to me.
Oh, I appreciated that.
I have not driven that far and wondered if I should do it.
I was then able to pick the other child up at play practice.
In the middle of all of this I was talking to another friend on my new phone which I didn't recognize the beep of caller ID.
It was the alarm company.
They phoned Love Man who told them to ignore it.
He said, "she just left, will be right back and has been sick all week. I'm sure didn't get the door to the garage shut tight."
This is exactly what I did.
This door is a glitch in our system.
When I returned two police cars were at our house.
They had not going the cancellation.
I explained the situation in my pajamas to one of the officers.
Guess what I was wearing?
Pink fuzzy crocs, long boxer pajamas, I Love Lucy flannel pajama top and NO MAKEUP whatsoever.
OMG.