Thursday, February 10, 2011

Go Griz

Did I tell you that last weekend we went to Flagstaff to see the University of Montana play Northern Arizona University (NAU)?
If you have ever been in Love Man's presence,
you will know that he loves the Grizzlies.


We arrived earlier in the afternoon.
The girls wanted to go to this one shop.
They sell soap, hair things, aprons - you get the picture.
Love Man went along with it.
I said to him, "here you are looking at soap with us and if you were with your friends,
you'd be at a bar having a beer".
"I live in the house of Barbie".


We had dinner at this Mexican restaurant called San Felipe.
He got his beer and it was half price as it was happy hour.
I love a deal.

We headed over to the dome and parked the car.
Miss B, who is like my mother with directions,
thought we should go the other way.
She saw some cars turning into another lot.
We walked up to the dome and it is closed and boarded up.
We then wandered through the campus and asked some college students walking somewhere,
"where is the basketball game tonight?"
One of them, I swear to God, said "we play basketball???"
OMG.

We ran into two other guys and they said to follow them to the game.
They explained that the dome had been damaged in a storm and was closed for repairs.
The game was to be held in the practice facility.
Okay, the web site should have said that.
And, there should have been some signs indicating the change!
We got to the game and the makeshift box office.
I am in line.
Cash only.
Another fun fact that would have been a good feature on the website.
Cash???
For some miracle, I had $40 on me.
I told Love Man, "I will get your three tickets, walk to the car (if I could find it as I didn't leave breadcrumbs) and go to an ATM.
By this time the nearly 900 seat facility was almost sold out.
I scrounged around and found 75 cents in my wallet and purse.
I was literally $1.25 short.
Some guy said, "how much do you need?" and gave me a dollar.
Another nice lady gave me a quarter.
We all thanked them profusely.
They were our best friends forever (BFFs).

We get our tickets and headed into the game.
Guess what?
Remember when I said, "I'll just buy three tickets"?
That is right.
We got three tickets for the price of four.
By now Love Man is annoyed,
he pounded on the door and demanded the other ticket.


We missed the very beginning,
but sat in the Griz section among his people.
All was right with the world.

Another memory of the eccentric parents two good looking girls have . . . .
but I am not naming names.