Monday, February 28, 2011

Fish Tale

When Blonde Girl's molly died,
Love Man and I picked up a dalmatian molly while we were out getting dog food.
The only reason selecting a fish for her would fly is because I said to Love Man,
"make her think you chose it as a gift for her."
She likes to choose her fish.
Evidently our choice was pregnant.
On Saturday, Blonde Girl noticed a baby fish swimming around in the tank.
I said, "we have to separate them or the mom will try to eat it".
The fish doctor and our child did not agree.
So, they went to the internet which confirmed my notion.
We moved the fish.
Blonde Girl immediately said, "we are going to need another bubbler."
I said, "well, there really isn't much room on your dresser for another fish tank,
maybe you could give this one to a friend."
"My baby fish!"
She did not like my idea.
Yesterday when my Colin was accepting his Academy Award another fish was born.
Love Man had a hard time catching it.
This one is tiny.
The mom was also trying to catch it.
That caused a bit of distress in our household.
He finally got it and put it with the older fish, Dotsun.
Dottina and Dotsun are happily chasing each other in a rose bud vase.
I will keep you posted if there are more births.
Apparently she can keep having these babies without a male and she can have around two per month.
Nice.
I guess we are in the market for a very small tank.
We now have 6 fish and one snail,
in case you are keeping track.
Two betas -one is Miss Brunette's,
three mollys,
one goldfish, won at a birthday party,
and one snail who keeps the mamma molly tank sparkling clean.