Thursday, November 4, 2010

What is Next?

Things have been really wild at our house.
It started last week with my car.
It has escalated to girls coming in and out of our house.
You heard about the dog's escape?
We have also had a guest get cactus needles in her finger while tick or treating.
And, Miss Brunette completed a science project worth most of her grade.
To her credit, she did the entire thing herself.
But, I had to drive her around for the supplies.
Science project invaluable,
cost of supplies $23.




We did have a great Halloween and the girls attended a birthday party.
We found out that our roof is nearly totalled from the hail storm on October 5.
That was shocking.
We have more than 100 broken or cracked clay tiles.
There was also damage to our heat pumps, cool decking by the pool and the two shingled areas that hold the heat pumps.
The list goes on and on.
Actually, the shingled areas were totalled.
There was more, something about the house trim.
Who knows.
The list goes on and on.
I am glad I had the insurance adjustor inspect all of this.





Did I mention that Neighbor John is really not being very nice?
He is threatening to call the police IF he hears our dogs bark.
So, when the dogs go out - they have a chaperon.
Seriously, if they do bark, it is for less than 5 minutes during the day.
Love Man did go over there and speak to Un-Neighbor John and his wife.
It was a bit heated.
Love Man mentioned something about this all being a "conditioned response" because John used to cluck like a duck or growl at our dogs.
We have asked them to stop spraying the dogs with water, repeatedly.
John threw a bucket of water on the dogs on Monday.
That is how this whole thing got started.
It is a bit of a mess,
but if he takes us to court on a noise infraction. . . . . . . .



The next morning,
Sadie threw up the next day all over Blonde Girl's down comforter.
I phoned Love Man who was on his way to work.
"Can you come home?"
Pause.
"Why?"
"You know the potato soup that I told you NOT to let that dog have?"
"Yes."
"She has vomited it all over the purple comforter."
I had no sooner dealt with all of that,
when Miss B started yelling for me to come out to the patio.
One of the hummingbirds that has lived in our yard forever was attacking another one.
The poor other one was on the ground with a hurt wing.
It took a bowl, a broom and a scooper to save the bird.
It later died in our garage.
Nature is violent.



Yesterday, Love Man called me on my mobile phone.
I was at soccer regaling my friend Marla with the week's events.
"My tire is shredded."
"I put the spare on and now the wheel won't turn."
He called the tow truck and got to ride with.
Guess how much the tow bill was?
$425.
Yes, we have towing insurance.
I think it is covered to the nearest dealership,
so most of it will be largely paid by State Farm.
When Love Man shredded the tire,
it broke some spring.
So, I am without a car.
He needs mine.
It is a funny thing,
when you pretty much know everyone,
it is easy to get a ride to and from work.




If you don't hear from me again.
Assume our roof has collapsed or that I have moved to the country.