Monday, November 15, 2010

True Confession


I want this Old Navy coat.
I want it very badly.
Here is the deal,
we don't need coats like this in Phoenix.
A down vest, a leather jacket, a trench coat or a
a sweater coat will do.
I have all of these.
I also have a parka,
which I never wear.
I keep coats for years and years.
I, finally, no longer have any coats from when I lived in Iowa nearly 23 years ago.
Wait, I do have a trench coat, that is very long by today's styles.
I saved it.
It was purchased when I was in college.
It still fits.
I do not know what is wrong with me.
Everywhere we go, I try on coats.
While I am waiting for my girls to try on shorts,
I am trying on a stack of coats.
Ever hear about those deranged never-to-be brides
that go to bridal stores and try on dresses?
That is me.
It is all about the coat.