Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's in a Name?


I am getting ready for school to start. I have to go to SRP on Monday to work on our room. "After I get my get girls to school and my beds made," is when I told Mrs. T. I would be there. We have a capacity in our room for 16, I think we have 13. Enrollment is down due to the economy.


It is always interesting to meet the children. This morning I was wondering about their names.
Conner spelled all ways is popular. So is Trevor. Hailey or Haylee or Haileigh or however you can think of a unique way to spell it is big. Also, Jackson or Jaxon or Jaxx.


I have had a Alexa, Alexis, and an Alexandra. Sometimes all in the same year. It makes me crazy.


Why do we have to name our children names that would be on a soap opera? Devon for a girl
sounds like someone who should be on "One Life to Live." Is that still on? I don't watch soap operas, but I used to as a kid and in college.


There was a list of names reported on "Today" that were most likely to land in jail or get in trouble. Alec was one of them. You know, I can agree with that.


The names will change and one today I will greet my preschoolers by name and they will be
Velma, Beulah, Walter, Arlyn, and Gladys.