Friday, September 7, 2012

Why? Why?



Why?  Why?  We just want to be normal like everybody else.  Somehow tonight, while we were watching "The 40-Year-Old Virgin", Love Man got up to get another glass of iced tea and he stepped on a rusty nail.  Yes, folks, a rusty nail in our house.  I don't know how or why?  We could have drug it in on our shoes or maybe it was used as a upholstery tack.

Don't know.  I was out of rubbing alcohol, so Blonde Girl and I headed to the store to get some.  While driving, I phoned the Walgreen's pharmacist who advised us not to wait and go to the Urgent Care to get a tetanus shot and probably a course of antibiotics.

There is a lovely Urgent Care by our Super Target.  We went there and they naturally closed at 8.
We stood at the door and the med tech came out.  He couldn't help us as their computers are locked and down.  I said, "could he come back at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning?"  He said, "I wouldn't wait on this."

Now, I have taken Red Cross First Aid fivetimes for my job.  I have to take it every other year.  I knew this, but needed Love Man to be told by this guy and I said, "the Walgreen's pharmacist said the same thing."

So, we headed home and I found an Urgent Care that is open until midnight.  I have already checked him in online, so he should not have to wait forever like he would at an Emergency Department.

I told Love Man and Blonde Girl to go.  I needed to sit home and wait for Miss Brunette to return from a "Sweet Sixteen" birthday party.  I don't know if she has her key, despite this being a mandatory rule in our house.  I tried to get Blonde Girl to stay and wait for her, but she did not want to do that.  I didn't want to argue with her or have her be afraid, so I said, "fine you go on and I will stay here."

OMG.  All we wanted to do was relax and watch at movie. 

P.S.  Love Man just got home and said he was scheduled for his appointment at 10:00 p.m.  I will keep you posted.  If Miss B gets home, I will accompany Love Man to the Urgent Care.