Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Herm the Crab


 
Blonde Girl told me she was saving her money to buy a hermit crab and create a habitat.  After, she babysat on Friday night, she was hot to go to PetSmart and begin her purchasing. She had watched several videos on the internet and had a list of what she would need.  Luckily, I had shells from Mexico and fish accessories that I have kept long after the fish were flushed to heaven.
 
 
That is how we got Herm.  She spent most of Saturday night working on her habitat.  She even called a friend's daughter and asked if they were still using their terrarium after the death of their lizard, Bobby.  They were not.  My friend said, "take it, it's yours, but don't throw it away.  Keep it in your garage if this crab thing does not work out.  You never know, we may need it again." 
 
 
With that, we were off.  The neighbor girl came over and they made the habitat.  I did have to drive them to PetSmart to purchase calcium sand and evidently, we do not have enough as we are getting more tomorrow.  We also need some kind of mulch.  Idk,  I don't care - whatever.  I said, "You are paying me back, I am not funding this."  So there it is, I am mean.
 
 
 
 
 
On Monday, she had a play-date with her friend who has hermit crabs.  The little girl arrived with her sister to pick her up.  She had a box with her filled calcium sand and actually thought Herm was going to their house. I said, "absolutely not."  Both girls thought the crab should go.  I remained firm and refused to let the crab go.  Seriously.