Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Old Faithful



For the next few posts, I am going to regale you with stories of our trip.

In Yellowstone, we arrived at the Old Faithful Geyser about twenty minutes before it was due to erupt.  Perfect.  Naturally, the dogs were with us and we had them in our perfect spot to watch the proceedings.

Evidently, dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk.  Some guy told us.  The is a fine and we did not want that.  So, Love Man and I moved to a spot behind the boardwalk.  We proceeded to be surrounded by children and foreign travelers who were admiring our dogs.

One little girl paid no attention to Old Faithful.  Her family took tons of pictures of her and Sam.

One boy was so enamoured with the dogs,  Love Man finally said, "look buddy, you're going to miss Old Faithful."  He did not care.  He never even looked at the geyser!

An Asian family, loved the dogs, particularly Sam.  The daughter had to translate for me, "don't forget to give them water."  "Okay, I will when me get back to the car," I promised. 

The girls watched from prime seats on the boardwalk without the dogs, who were busy getting their photo taken.  They seemed relieved not to be with us.  I think we embarrass them.