Thursday, July 26, 2012

Barn Quilt



We finally ended up in Wisconsin, where we had a memorial service for Love Man's parents.
In was in conjunction with a big family reunion.  It was really great to see everybody.

Love Man's brother and wife have three grown children and two of them have children,  It was nice to see them all together.  I don't think we have seen them all at once in seven or eight years, maybe longer.

My nephews went on and on about how I am the greatest living or "DEAD" aunt.  LOL.  Some of the things I did with them, I am surprised my sister-in-law speaks to me.

Here are some examples.  Now, before you judge me, I would like to say I was in my twenties and did not have children. 

I bought my nephew a comb at the Grand Canyon that looked like a switch blade.  It was later examined at the airport and he was told not to take it out of his suitcase.  This was pre, pre 9-11!!!

I also bought the same nephew a hatchet.  We took him camping and I wanted him to be prepared.
It was a small hatchet and he reports that he still has it.

My oldest nephew flooded our back yard as he forgot to turn off the water.  I sent him the bill so he could see how much him forgetting to shut off the water cost us. 

On a road trip with the two youngest nephews, I gave my youngest nephew the brand new "Guns and Roses" CD.  I have no idea why I had it.  Evidently he listened to it non-stop for many months and he still listens to it!   He said it changed his life. 

There are more examples, but I think I have incriminated myself enough.  Love Man was also mentioned in the love fest as being the best uncle ever.  So, there you have it.

They credit us with teaching them to love driving on trips rather than flying, as they can see the country.  They also credit us with them liking to camp.  We always took them camping. 

Miss Brunette said, 'how come you are not as cool with us?"

I replied, "they were not my children."