Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crazy House Part I

All the craziness in a normally nutty house started last Thursday. I went to work, stopping at Circle K for a large drink and attended our teacher meeting. That all sounds normal, right? I stayed at work after the meeting and did a bunch of things to get caught up. I left to pick up our oldest daughter for her 2:30 dismissal. My car was rattling pretty badly. I got out and walked around the vehicle and my bumper was eschew.

The next day, Love Man took it in to the body shop that we use. We stupidly thought that the bumper could be bolted or something. Actually, it was worse than that and I have to have a new bumper. He declined the rental car and we did not even know if the car would be covered by our auto insurance.

That night, my friend Marla called me and said, "What kind of a friend are you?"
I replied, "oh, the good kind, why?" She was mad that I had not called to inform her of the famed MV Garage Sales. I said, "Blonde Girl playing in the school district's basketball tournament."

Their game was at 8:30 and if they won, they would play at 10:30. I told her I would call her by 6:15 in the morning if I decided to go to the sales. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. with visions of good junk dancing in my head. I texted her at 6:15 and woke up the girls. Miss Brunette and I had a great time at the sales. I will do another post about my loot later. Blonde Girl did not care if I attended her game or not, so Love Man took her alone.

Okay, the sad part. Evidently, Blonde Girl played the game of her elementary school career and scored more than 10 points. She helped her team win and first game and the second game.

We all ended up returning home around the same time. Miss Brunette had a babysitting job and Love Man had to go to an event hosted by the city that he works for. Blonde Girl and I were alone in the house. She immediately was invited over to the neighbor girl's house and proceeded to spend the night.

Sunday, I was to attend a Spring Training game with Love Man, but Miss Brunette was going to be home by herself, so I suggested that she and her dad go together. I spent a nice day at home cleaning and doing laundry. I also sat out in the sun.

On Monday, Love Man needed the car and we are down to one. I told Miss Brunette that she was going to have to take the bus to high school. She never has before and she was not thrilled at the prospect of doing so. We have never had to take the bus. We live within walking distance from the elementary and junior high schools.

I walked her to the spot. Pretending not to be with her and using one of our dog's as a prop. I went home and she called me. "The bus is not here, are you sure I am in the right place?". I called the school and I quote, "the bus stop is by the big tree near 6th." I called Miss B back and said, I was walking back over her. Meanwhile, Blonde Girl called and wanted to leave for school. She picked up the neighbor kids and met up with Neighbor Meggan who wondered where I was.

By the time Meggan got to us, we were still waiting for the darn bus. I called the transportation line again and someone was going to call me back. She did and said they would send a bus for Miss Brunette.

They did and it was another big tree not near 6th, but the park. I called them later in the morning and suggested that they change the directions that included the direction and name of the park the big tree was located. Sheesh!

Miss B did get to school, but missed half of her first class and she swears that she will never take the bus again. When the bus driver was explaining to me what happened, we backed up traffic for three city blocks. My friend was carpooling to her preschool and leaned her head out the window and yelled, "what the hell" to me. I got jeers and glares from people that I know who were trying to get to LOM Elementary. Funny.

I will tell you all about the rest of my week later.