Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yes, I Did


I seriously bought this at a garage sale a few months ago. I love it. I would love it even more if it were diet dr. pepper. But, it spins around and is wonderful. The nicest old man sold it to me.
My neighbor and former teaching partner of my current teaching partner called me,
"Marce there are two great garage sales.
You need to come over here."
I did.
One was hers. There is nothing wrong with
tooting your own horn.
The other had a lot of great stuff. The couple was moving back to England to be near their grandchildren. I bought some
cloth napkins for 40 cents. OMG, there is no cents sign on my keyboard. Look at yours
do you have one? I went to my friend's sale. At her sale,
I got some clay pots and saucers. She
gave them to me for FREE.
The first sale had a ladder. Love Man just had mentioned that he needed a new ladder. This one was aluminum.
Yesterday we all went back. The original price of the ladder was $50. Too high. More like the first day price and the attitude of "let's see what I can get." Yesterday there was two signs, "if you see something you like,
make an offer." It was also in Spanish. I told Love Man, "I am going to offer $25." Love Man has learned not to talk at these things. He is too nice. He'd be like "you seem like such nice people, here's $60."
In a game time decision, I offered $20. Then we headed over to Mrs. B's sale and borrowed her vehicle to get the ladder home. Blonde Girl had me purchase her a tray. It is cute and lives now on her desk.