Wednesday, December 9, 2009

25 Christmas Questions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, with ribbons that I keep year after year.
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake.

3. When do you put up the tree? Around the 15th of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Twelve or so days after Christmas…a day or two after Epiphany.


5. Do you like eggnog? Love it and miss it as I cannot find it in France. I have made it , but actually I do not miss the calories.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Mickey Mouse watch

7. Hardest person to buy for? Someone I do not know.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter, her list helps.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it is called a creche in French and the nativity is an entire village of « Little Saints » called Santons.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. How bad is that!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I know I should be grateful for every gift received. I know it is the thought that counts…. But when the thought is « Paper Napkins » and everyone else received a gift certificate of a hearty sum of money…well…. I did not appreciate the thought, nor the gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Prancer

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 15th or so. I like the rush.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, isn’t Brocante recycling at its finest?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Champagne and Jean’s Chrsitmas Pudding.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes. White sparkling ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Raffi’s Christmas Songs

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Most often than not we stay at home. But I wish we could go Home to the States every year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Rudolph the red nose one, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen… thanks to Google.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? It changes each year, a star, an angel, a bow, a holy card…

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas eve … but when I was a child I use to open all my gifts before Christmas and re-wrapped them. I still do that sometimes… my family knows that about me. So they hide my gifts.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That in the USA Christmas decorations appear in October.

23. Favorite ornament ? I love opening the Christmas boxes and welcoming the little ole friends, retelling stories about the ornaments… my favorite one is a red and white polka dotted glass mushroom.

24. Do you make Christmas cookies ? No… but I do make a Christmas log cake.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year ? Besides Good health, and peace… »Honey-Dos »