Friday, September 25, 2009

Walking the Walk

This morning I was heating water in my microwave. The dumb thing started making a loud noise and then emitting a gross, plastic smell. Honestly. I called the warranty company, luckily we have kept up our home warranty all of these years. And, we have the ultimate upgrade which includes appliance and ice makers. You know how I feel about ice. . . . . . .



The dogs are fine. Sadie likes to jump into the pool and then run into the house. She was not allowed to ride to take Miss Brunette to school as she was damp. I am not having wet, dog smell permanently in my car. She whimpered and whined, but got over it.



Miss Brunette and I walk Blonde Girl to school, along with the three dogs. Usually our neighbor walks with us with one child walking and another in a stroller. Not since the pilgrimage marking the conversion of Paul from Saul,from Saint Simon and Jude Cathedral to St. Paul's, is there more of a parade. We are a bit of a spectatcle. People laugh, point, honk, wave and sometimes stare. Honestly, you would think some of these people had never seen two women, four children, three dogs and the occassional combo precussion set.