Monday, May 25, 2009

Yesterday, Trail 100




Yesterday we did Trail 100, heading east. It goes on forever. You can wind around forever. It took about 90 minutes. The girls were happy to see us go and watched TV. Blonde Girl did negotiate a play date. I told Love Man on the way home I had lunch to make, clothes to fold and a house to straighten up.



I think it is billed as a mountain bike trail. I can't imagine that. But, you see people biking and running up the mountains. They have evidently have had a lot of practice. Trail 100 is very pretty through parts.


Here is some information on it. I cut most of it out, it bored me and I live here.



Trail #100 - Charles M. Christiansen Memorial Trail Length: 10.7 miles. Elevation: 2,080 ft. - 1,290 ft. Multi-use trail. Difficulty: Easy to moderate






The Christiansen Trail is a multi-use trail that traverses the Phoenix Mountains Preserve west to east and serves as the major artery for the trail system in the Phoenix Mountains. The trail passes through tunnels at Seventh Street, Cave Creek Road and Northern Avenue avoiding any conflict with vehicular traffic.