Saturday, May 2, 2009

Remember?


Remember this tree last year? I was showing you my free benches. This is the one I got for 25% off after the chicken attack. It has grown a lot.
Guess what? I am now over run with flies. We don't have them much here. Too hot.
But, the weather has been mild and I am swatting a lot a day. One night I killed 12.
Sick, I know. Then, I went on the hunt for them and pulled up all my blinds and found them
on my window sills trying to get out, I guess. Or, they heard I was coming to get them.
The girls are under strict instructions to notify me if they see a fly in the house. I am on a mission.
When the pest guy came for his yearly termite inspection, I asked him if there had been a lot of
complaints about the flies. He told me, "I'll have someone call and give you an estimate
on their removal." I told him "I am from the Midwest, I removed them by fly swatter." What
people will pay for is amusing.
You do have to buy fly swatters in season or else you are out of luck. Once the temperatures goes up, no more flies.