Friday, May 15, 2009

Waiting for the Locusts to Come


Yesterday, there was a dead, large lizard in my pool.
Today I came home from moving rooms at preschool to a moved computer, unlocked front door and open window without a screen in Blonde Girl's room. I phoned the 911 and then was instructed to call the non-emergency number. I did. Two police cars with four police officers arrived. The checked the house, even drawing their guns before opening Miss Brunette's door. Nothing. The blinds were pulled up in Blonde Girl's room, her lamp was moved and the screen was off leaving only an open window.

Guess what is missing?

Four cameras, including my much beloved 10 mega-pixel Kodak Easy Share that I use for this blog. One old camera I use I preschool, Blonde Girl's and Miss Brunette's. Nice.

But, we are safe and not ransacked, so I feel lucky. I am not worried about being in the house.

I suspect our front door was left unlocked.

I was in a huge hurry to get to school for the move. I was late and didn't check the doors.
Miss Brunette walks with a friend to school and the door may have be left unlocked. We are not sure, but it could have been a lot worse.

On other balances of the universe. I scored a fabulous Le Creuset brasier pan. FREE!!!!! In Sonoma or Azure Blue, no less. There is a God. . . . . . poor pan was abused. It needed a good home.