Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yesterday


After an exhausting day,
I decided to sit on my bed for a few minutes before I started dinner
I did.
My bed or at least half of came crashing down.
I yelled.
My heart nearly jumped out of my chest.
The bed is half up and half down.
I called my handyman,
who, by the way, is NOT MY MOTHER'S HANDYMAN.
He came over last night and told me he'd be back Wednesday afternoon.
He must have forgotten.
He is busy,
a stay-at-home dad of sorts.
He did say he had never seen a bed do that before.
The bed is maple and the wood is three inches thick.
It figures.
I actually bought this bed NEW and IN A STORE.
How ironic.
He is going to rebuild it,
which is probably easier than buying a new bed frame.
Besides, I do like it.
So,
until he shows up - I am bunking with the girls or the sofa.
Last night I slept with Blonde Girl,
her princess night light changes colors and nearly drove me crazy.
Tonight I am going to try sleeping with Miss Brunette.
She usually has one or both of the dogs.
I am too tall for a double bed.
I told Love Man he might have to take this bed apart after his plane arrives on Friday night.
Then, we can sleep on the box spring and mattress.
Yippee!