Saturday, February 28, 2009

Go Green Machine!



Our center forward is still asleep.
But, she will be ready to go to the soccer game.
We missed practice this week.
We took Love Man to the airport and had dinner with an old friend, Kent.
"Did you call the coach," she wanted to know.
"Yes."
"You're sure."
"I would remember talking to Coach Steve."
"He knows I am not coming to practice."
"Yes, he knows," I told her again for the dozenth time.
Okay, I just made up the word dozenth, but I like it.
"Coach Steve is glad you are playing the next season," I told her.
This club team does two month seasons.
We don't play after April.
I think it is too hot for her to play then.
We start in October and end in April.
By then I am totally done!
I don't know about her,
but I am finished.


I am sure the jerseys next season will be green and yellow.
I won't tell the nice folks here that they are John Deere colors.
I don't think the Phoenicians would know what I was talking about.
But, they are John Deere colors.


Once I had a friend who painted her bedroom green and yellow.
I am sad to say,
it made me laugh.
That was the last time she asked me my opinion on her decorating.
If you don't want an honest answer,
it is best not to ask me.