Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sugar Cookies


These are fantastic,
very simple and great. And, speaking of cookies -
I am off to collect
101 cases of Girl Scout cookies as I am the cookie mom.
My neighbor is taking me.
Love Man surprised the girls and is taking Miss Thing to her soccer game.
They were thrilled.
Miss Brunette started to cry.

Never Fail Sugar Cookies
1 pound butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs

Beat very well until creamy.

Mix Together
6 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda

Add gradually to egg mixture.

Chill overnight (I sometimes chill a little bit).
Roll out on lightly floured board. Cut in shapes.

Bake 350 - 375 degrees for 8 minutes

Do not over bake, they should be not be brown. Cool on rack


NOTE: I sometimes only chill for an hour or less.
I only work with a small section of dough and keep the rest in refrigerator.
A hint of almond
extract is awesome,
but be careful of people with nut allergies.
This is mother-in-law's recipe.
She doesn't own a computer,
so she doesn't read the blog.