Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Reprieve

Love Man's high school/college friend and family spent the day with us.
The weather was fabulous.
It had rained on Thursday and it really cooled things down.

Friday was gorgeous.
The kids swam all day and had a great time.
We were even able to eat outside on the patio.
I don't think they think we live in hell now.

We served beer can chicken, oven roasted potatoes, salad and bread.
Miss Brunette made vanilla ice cream and Love Man made a wacky cake.
I would have,
but I had to pick up my friend's husband at the airport.
Love Man is good that way.
If you give him a recipe,
he will follow the directions and make it.
We also had a big container of lemonade, iced tea and beer.

It was the usual nutty day.
We had all of this stuff going on.
I had to run to the airport and back.
I had to take Miss B to a birthday gathering and pick her up.
We also had three extra people for dinner.
You know how it is.

I was driving to the airport and Love Man called.
"Umm, do you think two chickens will be enough if we have three extra people for dinner."
"Ahh, no."
So, I schelped back to the store and bought another chicken and another loaf of French bread.
What can you do?
And,
it all worked out just fine.