Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Story

Okay, here is why I am mad a neighbor, John.
For the past couple of years, he has made clucking noises and growling sounds at my dogs.
All from behind the block walls that separate the yards in Phoenix.
It progressed to the dogs barking everytime they heard him.
We asked him to stop.
He didn't.
Then, when the dogs started to bark, he sprayed them with his hose.
The hose seemed pretty ready for action, at all times.
We asked him to stop.
W gave him treats to make friends with the dogs.
He didn't.
It has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks.
He complained about the dogs.
We told him it was partly his fault.
Two Saturdays ago, I was out by the pool and Sam barked.
He went, seriously, "bark, bark, bark, bark".
I was hit in the face with water from John's hose.
OMG, was I mad.
I yelled at him.
I think I mentioned that it has become a conditioned response with the dogs.
I also said I would NEVER, EVER spray water on someone elses property.
I mean the nerve.
I yelled "John, you are spraying me. Stop it."
Love Man and I were going to go over that day to talk to him.
After, I yelled at him, we let it be.
He is so mad at us.
MAD at us!
He has left the dogs alone.
Until yesterday, when Sam went "bark, bark, bark" and I got him.
He was wet.