Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dogmatic

I hate Love Man's camera. That is why I am not taking pictures. But, I will.

We are good. Taking the girls to the doctor today for the yearly checks. I told them I didn't think they needed shots. I am hoping that is true. Miss Brunette does not enjoy them. Blonde Girl is pretty brave. In fact, our dentist claims she is his very best patient, including his adults.

The dogs are fine. The girls keep doing research on the web about cockapoos. As you know we
only have three names for pets. They are Sam, Abby and Sadie. My mother made stockings
once with those names for the first Sam, Abby and Sadie. Now, we only need a Sadie, according
to the girls. I am thinking NO. But, they research, read and it must be educational. My mother
has no more plans to make stockings. So, if you are thinking "my pet needs a Christmas stocking," you will have to look elsewhere.

We once had a cockapoo named Sadie. She was an awesome dog, although a bit wild as a puppy.
We still all miss her. The kids love our second Sam and Abby, but every time they see a cockapoo they say, "there's a Sadie dog." Some dogs are like that.

My friend Miss G and her family had a Stanley that was also super special. Stanley was like
Sadie to her family. I always wonder about people who don't like dogs. I don't like big dogs, though. They used to chase me forever while riding my bicycle. When Love Man and I go for a walk in the Iowa country, I will say "they used to have a mean yellow dog" or "this house has a big dog."

My sister and I once rode out bicycles all the way to my aunt and uncle's house. Our parents wondered if we actually did it. We did and those mean dogs on one patch of road chased us.
We peddled so hard and out-ran them. More likely, the dogs gave up.

My aunt gave us root beer in frosty mugs. I still love the taste of root beer. Not Barqs though.
It must be A & W. Barqs is nasty.