Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Long Arm of the Law



Yesterday, I started physical therapy for my arm.  It was good.  But, now my arm hurts.

I broke it when I was working at a soup kitchen for this charity organization that is for moms and daughters.  Our organization and one for sons was prepping for painting the interior and exterior.
The person that was to bring the ladders did not.  I was using a step stool, but after I threw something away - it was gone.  I started using a ladder. 

We had to move to another room and I was almost done putting the tape on the ceiling to protect it from the new paint.  I don't know if I was stepping to the ground or setting to the bench.  But, the bench was really rickety and I fell.  I landed on  my back and then hit my head.

I did not pass out.  I remember thinking as I was falling, "I am going to be hurt."

Two nurses were working on the painting and iced me to death.  After much discussion, my friend Mrs. A. drove me home to get my insurance card and Love Man took me to urgent care.  They said I was fine.  They did a x-ray and sent me on my way.  They did not even wrap my arm.

Love Man thought I should go back down there and work.  My car was there and so was Miss Brunette.  We stopped for a sodie and he drove me back.  I did not get on a chair to paint, but touched up for the rest of our time.

The next day I said to Love Man, "I ought to be able to turn my palms up."  I drove Blonde Girl to confirmation and went to church. 

I wasn't using my arm very much.  But, I wrote my article about the event for the local "paper".  I may have also vacuumed.

Love Man kept telling me, "don't hold your arm like that" and "you have got to use your arm."   Etc.
You get the picture.

My cell phone rang, it was the urgent care place, "the radiologist has read your report and you have a fracture, you need to come here immediately for a splint."

Someone in our house felt bad.