Thursday, August 2, 2012

Whacky


This is an old picture, but not that much has changed.  The girls are bigger and Love Man is still crazy.  We are all still crazy.

This organization that I am in with the girls had a meeting for Miss Brunette's class.  We were supposed to submit a recipe that has a family significance.  I submitted whacky cake.  I was raised on it.  My girls are being raised on it.

Several of the mom's quipped at the meeting that they were not surprised that I was submitting a whacky cake.  Evidently, they find me whacky, too.  That sort of offended Miss B.  I said, "well, we are whacky."  "Well, they didn't have to say it like that."  I was seriously not offended.  It was a good laugh and better than being compared to liver and onions or prunes or depression cake.  It could be a lot worse.