Sunday, December 12, 2010

Church Chat

I was so late for church this morning.
Blonde Girl had a wardrobe crisis when I thought she was ready to go.
We did make it.
Later than my usual late.
My friend, Mrs. Wright holds my seat until 9:03.
I had to scooch some people over to claim my spot.
I did not know them as it is the season.
It was all good.


There were a lot of new sightings of those awful Christmas sweaters.
Many of those said sweaters were worn with accompanying silver bell or reindeer earrings.
One lady wore a snowman sweater,
complete with jaunty red hat.

We quietly amused overselves during all of the songs associated with communion.
Mrs. Wright also thinks we need to add to our "What Not To Wear" list.
This year, we are adding the Christmas ties.
In particular, the ones that play music.

I told her, I may show up to church wearing my Christmas tree skirt.
It is very cute and made of various shades of burgundy and green.
It is not an actual skirt,
but the one for my former, second large tree.
I need to fit in.
Now, that would be festive.