Saturday, January 9, 2010

Going to the Movies

Over break we went to a lot of movies.
It was fun.
The movie theater that we frequent sells a t-shirt and if you bring it,
you get free popcorn.
They also have souvenir cups and if you bring them,
your drink is $1.
Needless to say,
we live and die by the popcorn and cup deal.

Here is our take on the movies:

Blind Side - This is a must see.
It is a beautiful, beautiful movie.

It's Complicated - is very funny.
The best romantic comedy in a long time.

Everybody's Fine - It is a bit sad,
but good.

Leap Year - It is cute.
I like the two leading actors.

Have You Heard About the Morgans ?- It is fun.
I would probably red box that one.

The Princess Frog - Love Man and Blonde Girl loved it.

Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squekel - I thought it was going to be a waste of movie passes,
but is was cute.

Avatar - Great as reviewed by my family.
The girls have seen it twice.

Sherlock Holmes - I thought is was great.
It was a bit too much for Miss Brunette.


We buy passes at Triple AAA.
It is a lot more affordable.
Depending upon the time of day,
we can sometimes get a lower price for the girls.
Why go to so much trouble.
The first movie of the day is the least expensive,
but that doesn't always work.
The evening movies are around $12.
Isn't that ridiculous!!

Love Man is a soft touch.
I saw him paying $4 for Skittles for Blonde Girl.
And, it could have been $5,
who knows.
I bought movie candy yesterday at the Dollar Tree.
That's right,
I am not above sneaking a box of candy into the movies. . . . .