Friday, December 21, 2012

If My Friend's Daughter Says So

Blonde Girl has been trying out for the 7th grade girl's basketball team.  She made the first cut and was to have found out on Thursday afternoon if she made the team or not.  She also was going to a sleepover immediately after school.  She and some of the other girls were riding home with the birthday girl's mother.

I told her, "You text me and let me know if you made it or not."  I meant the team.  I also reminded her if she didn't make it that she should congratulate the other girls and be happy for them.

She did not call.  I texted her twice.  She did not call.

Blonde Girl last season.

I later got a text from the Divine, Mrs. M, my friend, which read  "my daughter told  me the wonderful news....Blonde Girl made the basketball team.  My daughter is thrilled because I am. :)"

That is how I found out.

I later found out that Blonde Girl went out to see who made the team and when she came back to class, she was smiling.  This info, of course, was also courtesy of Mrs. M.

I later, much later, got a text from Blonde Girl saying, "Guess who made the girl's basketball team?"