Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Coop




Yesterday, we took Cooper to the vet to get neutered and declawed. Did you know declawing is now considered an amputation and not every vet will do it? It is true. We did it anyway. I can only take so much destruction in the house.





Beloved Niece, who is visiting us until Sunday, went with us to deliver Cooper for his major deal.
Naturally.






He did fine and all went well with the two operations. We got him home and put him in our


giant, wire dog kennel that Miss Brunette and I drug in from the garage. He was not in it 5 minutes until he escaped through the top. We put a blanket over the cage and left him like a


sleeping bird until I returned from dropping the girls off at the movies.




When I got home. I folded the blankets and placed them on top of the cage. I proceeded to finish making dinner. All of the dogs walked by me and guess who was with them? You know it, the Coop.






I put him back and he escaped a few minutes later. Somehow he squeezed himself through the top, again. His front left pressure wrapped bandage was danging. I carried him to the garage


to get own of our e-collars ( you know the cone thing) and somehow while doing that, he


got the entire bandage off.






I am holding him, while he is moving all four legs in every direction. I phoned Love Man, "Are you almost home, I have an emergency with Cooper." He told me where he was and


he was close to our house. Cooper nearly wiggled out of my arms, but I got him calmed down by


holding his head between my fingers and rocking back and forth. Then, he wigged nearly out of his other bandage. I called Love Man again, "Please hurry!!"






We had to re-bandage him as we were not going back to the emergency clinic (remember Sam)


and put him back in his cage. I went and got the girls, we were eating dinner and guess who


walked by?






Blonde Girl put him back and Cooper proceeded to cry and wail. I told Blonde Girl, "go out and get that dog stroller out of the trunk of my car". She did and that is how Cooper spent his evening.






We I got up at 6ish, I was going to check on Cooper. He is temporarily being housed in the office.


Miss Brunette was in a chair holding him. Evidently, he managed to open the latch on the cage and beat on Miss B's door until she woke up. In all fairness, all of his stuff is in her room.




Love Man gave him his pain meds and we took off the bandages, per our instructions. I don't see how we are going to keep this one kenneled for a week. I have put the e-collar on him several times, but he wiggles completely out of that. They were also purchased for two small chihuahuas, so I know they are the correct size.




Calgon take me away. . . .