Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ode to the Man















Love Man got a new job in Scottsdale.

So, he has a new drive to get used to.

The first day it took him 4o minutes to get to work and 40 minutes to get home.

"Which way did you go?"


Now, I have to say that I feel

that I know the most efficient way to get from Point A to Point B.

Maybe, I am annoying that way.

Maybe. . . .


He told me his route.

"I would never go that way, I would go this way"

And, I told him in exact specifics how I would go.

He did not agree.

The second day on the way home,

we went my way and shaved 10 -15 minutes off his time.

"Why are you home so early?"

"Oh, I just am."

He did not want to tell me.

And, I didn't guess.

Then it slowly dawned on me,

"I may have come home the way you suggested."

"Oh, really, was it faster and easier?"


Evidently, it was.