Saturday, October 30, 2010

Okay

Car Story #1
Blonde Girl had soccer practice and I was to pick up her friend, Molly.
Molly's mom had parent/teacher conferences,
she is a teacher like almost ALL of my friends.
I picked up Molly and drove them to practice.
Love Man was to pick them up and deliver Molly home, as I had Bunco.
I was driving home.
All of a sudden my battery light went out.
I thought, "oh, I must be needing a new battery."
The heat in Arizona is very hard on batteries and they must be replaced often.
Batteries either die and refuse to start on a hot summer morning
or keel over in the fall when it is cooler.
Then, it another light went on - one I had never seen before, a water pitcher inside a battery.
I tried to get over, but there was too much traffic on Greenway Parkway.
By this time, I am up the the stop light closer to my house.
Naturally, I had to wait at the light.
I noticed my temperature gauge was rising.
By the time I could turn it was around 100 degrees, but not in the red.
My power steering was no longer working.
This really didn't faze me as I drove a 1969 Buick LeSabre in high school and college,
I was used to cars that didn't steer well.
I turned and suddenly pop, water exploded out of my hood.
That really startled me!
The temperature gauge returned to 80 degrees.
I am now at the turn for my house.
I decide to drive to my house.
I was going to make it.
I was at the last stop sign and my car starting smoking.
I think it was steam, but who knows.
I practically cut off a car so I could go and pulled in the driveway.
I got out of the car.
I phoned Love Man.
He said, "don't park in the garage"
You think?

Tune in soon for the rest of the story.