Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Word About Movies

I keep getting comments about the amount of movies I see.
Keep in mind,
we rarely go to restaurants.
We don't go to bars.
We hike or walk or ride bikes for fun and exercise.
But, we do enjoy going to the movies.

If you only see one to five movies at a theater in a 5 year period,
then the only two movies I can recommend are "Blind Side" and "It's Complicated".
"Avatar" would be too much for you.
"Crazy Heart" would be way too much for you.
I liked "Crazy Heart", but it is bittersweet and gritty.
It is the kind of movie that you don't know what twists and turns it will take or how it will end.

One of my favorite TV shows is "Masterpiece Theater".
They just finished with Jane Austen's "Emma".
It was great.
I love those period sagas.
Love Man will say "look a show with funny hats!
Are you recording it?"
Comical.

Do you know why I like all this stuff?
It is because you never know how it is going to end.
If you take a movie that I love,
like "Notting Hill" with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.
Because it has Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant,
you know what is going to happen.
You know they will fall in love.

Some of these indie or foreign films,
you don't know who is going to get the girl or guy or what is going to happpen.
That makes it interesting.