Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Dish on Thanksgiving







See these His Majesty plates from Johnson Brothers? I found them for a song on a routine cruise through TJ Maxx this summer. Then later, because I am too stupid, it occurs to me that Johnson Brothers uses the same color palette. These dishes match my Johnson Brothers Friendly Village.


And, they do, more or less. They coordinate.








I figured these dessert plates would work with the turkey plates. I routinely buy two Johnson dessert plates, but have now stopped as I have 12. Sad day, when I purchased 11 and 12 of the plates.





But, when Blonde Girl was at soccer. Miss Brunette and I were AGAIN on a routine cruise through TJ Maxx, look what we found! Friendly Village dessert plates. I will use the Chintzy ones for bread.


I only have 6 of this wonderful set, but that is enough. On my honor, I promise never to buy another dish, unless it is to replace a broken one. But, I still like to look at them.