Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grandpa


By Beloved Niece (in a dream a few days ago, speaking at his funeral)


"I was my grandpa's first grandchild he ever had, and I was the first one he forgot as soon as he had his cardiac arrest in March of 1996. I was just three years old when all of this happened; although I don't remember it. I don't know what he was like when he was normal and I wouldn't change it for the world. He is my grandpa, who God gave me to have. He was the only grandpa of mine who I'd ever met. But, I accepted him as he was and I always thought he was hilarious; and he was special to me. I'll always remember when I went to my grandma and grandpas house he would always be sitting in his chair smoking his pipe; and I thought he was a true stud for that. I hope that he is no longer trapped in the body he was it for a long twelve years, where he was so confused and everyday was a struggle for him and my grandma. I wish Icould have gotten to be a bit older when it happened so I could actually remember him, but he was special to me, no matter how I got him. My grandma took good care of him after all this happened; I don't think anyone else could have lived up to his expectations. Except God; and I hope he is taking care of him right now as I'm here. Grandpa; I hope that when I see you again the little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes will pop back into your mind and you will remember me from meeting me so many years ago. And we can finally catch up on all you've missed. You're the strongest person I have ever met. I'll never forgot get you our paths will meet again someday. I love you."